Each year, CORE and some of our friends take the weekend before Halloween and head for the beach. In past years, we have gone to Carolina Beach, but of late we find that the area of Buxton NC suits our fancy quite well.
Buxton is the site of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and is easy access to some of the drivable beach on the Outer Banks of NC.
” A bit of wrenching and epoxy magic was called upon for a radiator with plastic tank that had decided that after all these years, it was time to split. (pun intended).”
This year, we were joined by:
- Keith and Betty in the BlaZeR2 (CORE),
- Josh in his newly lifted Chevy 1500 (CORE),
- Dave in his gold Rubicon (CORE),
- George and Donna in the Ford Explorer (friends),
- Bob in the blue Rubicon (CORE),
- Mike and Donna in the white Rubicon (CORE),
- Loc in the yellow Rubicon (CORE),
- Alex and Laura in the new LK 4 door (CORE),
- Aaron, Jessica, Oscar and Ivan in the Astrovan (S10Extremist friends),
- Bruce in the Moby white F250 Diesel (friend),
- Jeremy, Rosemary and daughter in the white Tacoma crew (S10Extremist friends),
- Mark, Alex and company in the white Cherokee (S10Extremist friends).,
This year found us staying in various spots including the Comfort Inn, the Ocean Pines motel, the Falcon, a private house and the Ocean Point campground. We enjoyed some quality visiting time around meals in the local restaurants and riding on the beach. The riding started early in the week as folks came from NC, VA, and MD for the trip.
We rode out to the cape by the lighthouse on Friday night and then rode Ocracoke on Saturday with the trip over and back on the ferry. There was a bit more shopping than usual with stops at the usual places plus a local artists gallery and a bakery for some fine ginger bread. A bit of wrenching and epoxy magic was called upon for a radiator with plastic tank that had decided that after all these years, it was time to split. (pun intended).
We had a great time and a bigger turnout than in the past. Enjoy the pictures. You know what they say, “If you couldn’t be there, then it sucks to be you!”
Trail report written by Keith Holman. Pictures courtesy of Keith Holman and Mike Vincenty.