Day trip to the Turpin Tree Farm. Contact us to join in!
I usually do a one day trip, arrive at about 10am and leave about 3PM.
Located in McHenry, MD 21541.
Primitive camping is available, no hook-ups or anything.
Fairly inexpensive motels are the Sunset Inn in Friendsville, MD and The Garrett Inn just north of Oakland on US 219.
Probably need reservations on weekends. I am next to Wisp Resort so there are plenty of restaurants and better motels.
1. For the serious 4 wheelers they can open the fire trail from the bottom of the hill to the top of the hill.
Trail description and pictures of both ends attached.
2. For us Jeep Cherokee KL drivers we can drive up the hill and drive around.
Just about anything with reasonable ground clearance can get from the County Rd to the Power Line Right of Way.
3. Plenty of rock formations for hiking. My most recent discovery is T P Cave. Rated G.
4. UAV exploring would be interesting.
5. Check out my coal mine with a RC swamp boat.
6. Relax and just have fun.